Wednesday, April 20, 2005

"Forrest Gump" faith. or becoming stupid to become wise...


The gospel according to Forrest Gump
He tells us just about everything you need to know about how to deal with God,

"a promise is a promise"
and "I know what love is"


The good news in a nutshell.

Its not about what you do to win God's approval, its what God will do with your life when you trust him. Here is one of my favorite verses from a living translation.


"When we try to win God's favor by keeping his rules we only end up making him mad at us, because we can't and don't keep his rules, thats why God gave us a new way which was trusting Christ alone.

Put aside religion
(the most religious people are the ones who killed Christ you might recall) and just trust him with a child like faith. He will do the work in you. This is how you get the "easy yoke" promised by Jesus.

Are you willing? are you willing for God to make you willing?

Everything will come from God. another verse says "Even trustng is not from yourselves it too is a gift from God."

"Are you tired? Worn out?

Burned out on religion?

Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest.
Matthew 11:27-29 (in Context) Matthew 11 (Whole Chapter)
The next big step is for you to ask for the Holy Spirit. The bible says won't God give the holy spirit to those that ask. The way I did it was I asked. I then thought

I did my part,

I asked,
and I figured God would do his part.

right after I did that I had a lot of thoughts like, "it didn't work", "theres more to it than that", "you didn't believe enough", etc etc. I said in my mind, wait a minute! I did my part, I asked! thats all of my part God will do his part. (it sounds weird but not every thought is nessesarily your own, remember the birds in the parable of the sower? i.e. satan) Thats it end of story. Everytime some thought would try talk me out of it I would just say I did my part, I asked, God will do his part.

Luke 11:13 (The Message)



13...And don't you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?"

About the next day in the morning sometime I had a rush of feelings and it was awesome. I also started to mumble and mutter under my breath, I later learned this to be prayng in tounges, Its not about feelings or gifts though. Its "forest gump" faith that makes it work.

In fact if you get very
complicated you are likely to miss it.

Luke 10:21 (The Message)

21At that, Jesus rejoiced, exuberant in the Holy Spirit. "I thank you,
Father, Master of heaven and earth, that you hid these things from the know-it-alls and showed them to these innocent newcomers. Yes,
Father, it pleased you to do it this way.

Luke 10:21 (Amplified Bible)

21In that same hour He rejoiced and gloried in the Holy Spirit and said, I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that

You have concealed these things [relating to salvation] from the wise and understanding and learned, and revealed them to babes (the childish, unskilled, and untaught).

Yes, Father, for such was Your gracious [a]will and choice and good pleasure.

1 Corinthians 3:18 (The Message)
The Message (MSG)
18Don't fool yourself. Don't think that you can be wise merely by being up-to-date with the times.
1 Corinthians 3:18 (Amplified Bible)


Amplified Bible (AMP) 18Let no person deceive himself. If anyone among you supposes that he is wise in this age,


let him become a fool [let him discard his worldly discernment and recognize himself as dull, stupid, and foolish, without true learning and scholarship], that he may become [really] wise.(A)




Get a little "Forrest Gump" and take a look at God (who is love) with a childlike faith.

I hope you come along. Ask Jesus to come into your life now and ask forgiveness for your sins. Then ask for the gift of the Holy Spirit. This will give you the power to live a Christ like life.

A bible verse says

"its God at work with in you making you want to obey God and then giving you the power to do it"

Simple Trust, God will work it out in you.


luke 18:27"No chance at all," Jesus said, "if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it."Posted by Hello

No comments: